How can I get involved with the Campaign and support the #StopSIM Coalition?
We are so grateful to everyone who has shown solidarity and supported us. We receive a lot of messages from people who would like to be involved in the campaign and support the #StopSim Coalition. The #StopSim Coalition is a small group run on an entirely voluntary basis composed of fellow disabled / mental health service users. Therefore unfortunately we don’t have the logistics, finances or resources to be able to organise and coordinate a wider ‘membership’ to the #StopSim Coalition, lead the campaign further or to give individual advice or guidance to people.
Please find a list below of ways that we ask people to take action:
- Sign and share our petition
- Write to your MP using our template letter
- Make StopSIM artwork to share with us via email, or share online using #StopSIM hashtag
- Download our petition flyer here to print and distribute in your local area
- Have conversations about SIM with friends / family / colleagues. Ask them to sign our petition and write to their MPs. There is a plain-English explanation of SIM here which you might find helpful. It might sound small, but 1-2-1 conversations are one of the most effective ways of campaigning
If you have specific skills or expertise that you would like to bring to the #StopSim Coalition, please send us an email at: email@example.com. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have experience in:
- Public Law / Human Rights / Disability Rights Law
- Legal Advice / Representation
- Campaign Fundraising
- Campaign organisation and administration
- Media experience
The #StopSim Coalition